- High leach recoveries achieved by acid leaching of North T bastnaesite ore (>40% REO):
o 97% recoveries into solution via sulphuric acid
o 93% recoveries into solution via hydrochloric acid
- Metallurgical testwork verified by two independent laboratories SGS Lakefield and Saskatchewan Research Council
- Testwork continues to leverage off the ability to produce a high grade REO concentrate via simple conventional ore sorting and gravity processing (ASX announcement 5 December 2019).
- Leach optimisation and rare earth recovery from the leach liquors testwork is now being undertaken to fully develop the process flowsheet and develop rare earth precipitate specifications for offtake discussions.
- Results confirm Nechalacho REO Project has the potential to become a low cost near term producer.
Read more about this news release by downloading the file.