We are excited to commence operations at our Nechalacho project, a highgrade, light rare earth project located at Nechalacho in the NWT. The project boasts one of the highest grade rare earths deposits in the world, excellent infrastructure and simple, low cost processing.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Environmental Officer to join our team for an exciting opportunity to develop and implement the framework to ensure that all environmental management and statutory obligations are met or exceeded.
- Develop, review and maintain environment management and compliance documentation, including environmental management plans, waste management plans, monitoring plans, environment and heritage procedures, legal obligation and commitment register, risk register, activity planners.
- Perform audits against the Project’s legal obligations and commitments.
- Conduct inspections of site facilities, processes and contractors to facilitate continuous improvement in environmental management.
- Conduct and report on environmental monitoring, including flora, fauna, dust, water and hydrocarbon management.
- Coordinate and supervise biological surveys and programs of work as well as training initiatives (e.g. Bear Awareness, significant species monitoring etc.).
- Support the coordination, assessment and maintenance of ground disturbance permits (GDPs) and the GDP permitting system.
- Record, maintain and analyse data and other information for use in the compilation of statutory and corporate reporting requirements.
- Prepare and review compliance reports required under relevant mining and NWT regulations.
- Annual, quarterly environmental reporting.
- Liaise with and engage internal and external stakeholders, including regulators to support delivery of key compliance activities and facilitate continuous improvement in environmental management.
- Deliver environmental and awareness & education initiatives (e.g., workshops, toolboxes).
- Conduct environmental and incident investigations, where required.
- Assist with closure and rehabilitation activities.
- Bachelor degree with Environmental specialisation or other related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience planning and implementing site environmental audits.
- Proactivity, goal orientation and attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Knowledge of (and ensuring compliance to) environmental legislation.
- Previous experience working in a similar environment.
Please forward your resume to: