We are excited to commence operations at our Nechalacho project, a high grade, light rare earth project located at Nechalacho in the NWT. The project boasts one of the highest grade rare earths deposits in the world, excellent infrastructure and simple, low-cost processing.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced Emergency Safety Officer who will not only provide a critical role to the project, but also to the safety and welfare of our people.
- Carry out OHS monitoring, auditing and report preparation.
- Maintain OHS databases, systems and perform administrative duties for the OHS department.
- Provide advice and support to management and employees with the aim to ensure acceptable safety and health standards are established and practiced and legislative and regulatory requirements are met.
- Assist in incident investigations and the development of corrective actions.
- Assist with the overall implementation of safety systems, strategies, initiatives and promote improvements to the manager.
- Conduct inductions, training, toolboxes and meetings as directed.
- Develop, review and improve safety documentation, including policies and procedures
- Conduct Weekly emergency response training
- Co-ordinate communication and reporting through the safety system
- Conduct audits, safety inspections and risk management processes, make recommendations and develop actions
- Equipment preparedness including compliance, inspections and reporting.
- Conduct of site fitness for work requirements in accordance with site and company alcohol and other drugs policies.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in site emergency drills.
- To provide first aid and medical services along with ensuring medical facilities are maintained in operationally ready status.
- Oversee injury management and return to work cases.
- Strong understanding of the NWT mining act and regulation
- Cert IV in health care (medic)
- Cert IV Fire and Rescue
- CRSP Certification
Please forward your resume to: